DistroWatch.com: Funtoo Linux
|AdvertisementMALIBAL Linux LaptopsMALIBAL: Linux Laptops Custom Built for You
MALIBAL is an innovative computer manufacturer that produces high-performance, custom laptops
If your MALIBAL laptop is not the best Linux laptop
you have ever used, you can return it for a full 100% refund. We will even pay the return shipping fees!
For more info, visit: https://www.malibal.com
Last Update: 2023-06-01 01:40 UTC
- OS Type: Linux
- Based on: Gentoo
- Origin: USA
- Architecture: aarch64, armhf, i686, x86_64
- Desktop: AfterStep, Blackbox, Cinnamon, Fluxbox, GNOME, IceWM, KDE Plasma, LXDE, LXQt, Openbox, WMaker, Xfce
- Category: Desktop, Server, Source-based
- Status: Active
- Popularity: 177 (53 hits per day)
Funtoo Linux is a Gentoo-based distribution developed by Daniel Robbins (the founder and former project leader of Gentoo Linux) and a core team of developers, built around a basic vision of improving the core technologies in Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux features native UTF-8 support enabled by default, a git-based, distributed Portage tree and Funtoo overlay, an enhanced Portage with more compact mini-manifest tree, automated imports of new Gentoo changes every 12 hours, GPT/GUID boot support and streamlined boot configuration, enhanced network configuration, up-to-date stable and current Funtoo stages - all built using Funtoo's Metro build tool.
Popularity (hits per day):
12 months: 170
(53), 6 months: 177
(53), 3 months: 164
(52), 4 weeks: 153
(48), 1 week: 133
(46)Average visitor rating
/10 from 5 review(s)
|Table Notes and Explanations
(Please refer to the table below.)
- To compare the software in this project to the software available in other distributions, please see our Compare Packages page.
- Notes: In case where multiple versions of a package are shipped with a distribution, only the default version appears in the table. For indication about the GNOME version, please check the "nautilus" and "gnome-shell" packages. The Apache web server is listed as "httpd" and the Linux kernel is listed as "linux". The KDE desktop is represented by the "plasma-desktop" package and the Xfce desktop by the "xfdesktop" package.
- Colour scheme: green text = latest stable version, red text = development or beta version. The function determining beta versions is not 100% reliable due to a wide variety of versioning schemes.
TUXEDO Computers - Linux Hardware in a tailor made suite
Choose from a wide range of laptops and PCs in various sizes and shapes at TUXEDOComputers.com. Every machine comes pre-installed and ready-to-run with Linux. Full 24 months of warranty and lifetime support included!
Learn more about our full service package and all benefits from buying at TUXEDO.
Star Labs - Laptops built for Linux.
View our range including the highly anticipated StarFighter. Available with coreboot open-source firmware and a choice of Ubuntu, elementary, Manjaro and more. Visit Star Labs for information, to buy and get support.