Nutyx is a good product, better step by step. There is a reasonable number of packages and the possibility of working with 'ports' to build or modify software. The package manager ('cards', fork of the CRUX-Linux pkgutils and prt-get tools) is user friendly and very very fast. The init system is "NO Systemd" (thank you, developers!!) but the traditional SystemV (not happy for this: the BSD style is my favourite ...).
Try this distro! Honest and actively developed.
Version: 9.1 Rating: 10 Date: 2017-12-11 Votes: 9
A very good O.S. Easy and simple as I like. Fast instalation. Need more pkgs, but I see a good future for this distro. Its gettin better. It´s really fast. I replaced Arch for NuTyX at my secondary PC.
Version: 9.1 Rating: 8 Date: 2017-09-24 Votes: 11
A good distro, and a good package manager. Interesting for everyone, especially if you are from CRUX Gnu/Linux. You have both binaries and ports for building your own software.
May the distro have a good future.
Version: 9.0 Rating: 9 Date: 2017-04-08 Votes: 6
Just one of the best indie linux distribution. Only downside ? Not a lot of software for it :(
That's good distro because simple and no complicated for veteran in Linux world.
I have a few comment about this distro.
- Lightweight Linux distribution ever I tried
- More customization (I like it!)
- Fastest download any packages
- Really stable
- Less bandwidth when installation desktop environment
- Too much old packages
- Doesn't support a new printer driver (like lsb-release, system-config-printer, detection usb printer into cups doesn't work too!)
- Less documentation about this distro, I recommend this distro more faster build documentation
I hope this distro keep update a packages, overall that's good enough