Last Update: 2016-07-01 04:14 UTC
LinuxBBQ is a multi-purpose operating system based on Debian's "unstable" branch and spiced up with kernels and tools from siduction, Grml and Linux Mint. LinuxBBQ offers different flavours and desktops which are released as "editions" (with no version numbers) and which can be customised and remixed by the user. The individual editions are built to include most major desktop environments (with the exception of GNOME) and there is a special edition offering a choice of no fewer than 53 window managers - everything from aewm to xmonad.
- OS Type: Linux
- Based on: Debian (Unstable)
- Origin: China
- Architecture: i386, x86_64
- Desktop: AfterStep, Awesome, Blackbox, Cinnamon, Enlightenment, Fluxbox, flwm, FVWM, IceWM, ion, JWM, KDE, LXDE, MATE, Openbox, pekwm, Ratpoison, WMaker, Xfce
- Category: Desktop, Live Medium
- Release Model: Rolling
- Init: systemd
- Status: Active
- Popularity: 188 (47 hits per day)
Popularity (hits per day): 12 months: 151 (63), 6 months: 188 (47), 3 months: 181 (43), 4 weeks: 162 (40), 1 week: 152 (38)
Visitor rating: No visitor rating given yet. Rate this project.
|Table Notes and Explanations
(Please refer to the table below.)
- To compare the software in this project to the software available in other distributions, please see our Compare Packages page.
- Notes: In case where multiple versions of a package are shipped with a distribution, only the default version appears in the table. For indication about the GNOME version, please check the "nautilus" and "gnome-shell" packages. The Apache web server is listed as "httpd" and the Linux kernel is listed as "linux". The KDE desktop is represented by the "kdelibs" and "plasma-desktop" packages and the Xfce desktop by the "xfdesktop" package.
- Colour scheme: green text = latest stable version, red text = development or beta version. The function determining beta versions is not 100% reliable due to a wide variety of versioning schemes.