Last Update: 2017-05-29 04:20 UTC
Exherbo is a source-based Linux distribution inspired by the flexibility found in Gentoo Linux (among others). Designed primarily for developers and advanced users who are expected to take an active role in the development of the distribution, Exherbo offers a decentralised development model, original code, and a fast and flexible package manager called Paludis.
- OS Type: Linux
- Based on: Independent (forked from Gentoo)
- Origin: Denmark
- Architecture: armv7, i686, x86_64
- Desktop: Awesome, Enlightenment, Fluxbox, GNOME, KDE, Openbox, Xfce
- Category: Desktop, Server, Source-based
- Release Model: Rolling
- Status: Active
- Popularity: 229 (37 hits per day)
Popularity (hits per day): 12 months: 232 (35), 6 months: 229 (37), 3 months: 225 (36), 4 weeks: 203 (36), 1 week: 185 (36)
Visitor rating: No visitor rating given yet. Rate this project.
|Table Notes and Explanations
(Please refer to the table below.)
- To compare the software in this project to the software available in other distributions, please see our Compare Packages page.
- Notes: In case where multiple versions of a package are shipped with a distribution, only the default version appears in the table. For indication about the GNOME version, please check the "nautilus" and "gnome-shell" packages. The Apache web server is listed as "httpd" and the Linux kernel is listed as "linux". The KDE desktop is represented by the "kdelibs" and "plasma-desktop" packages and the Xfce desktop by the "xfdesktop" package.
- Colour scheme: green text = latest stable version, red text = development or beta version. The function determining beta versions is not 100% reliable due to a wide variety of versioning schemes.