|DistroWatch.com: Funtoo Linux
Last Update: 2017-06-23 00:21 UTC
Funtoo Linux is a Gentoo-based distribution developed by Daniel Robbins (the founder and former project leader of Gentoo Linux) and a core team of developers, built around a basic vision of improving the core technologies in Gentoo Linux. Funtoo Linux features native UTF-8 support enabled by default, a git-based, distributed Portage tree and Funtoo overlay, an enhanced Portage with more compact mini-manifest tree, automated imports of new Gentoo changes every 12 hours, GPT/GUID boot support and streamlined boot configuration, enhanced network configuration, up-to-date stable and current Funtoo stages - all built using Funtoo's Metro build tool.
- OS Type: Linux
- Based on: Gentoo
- Origin: USA
- Architecture: arm64, armhf, armv5te, i486, i686, x86_64
- Desktop: AfterStep, Blackbox, Fluxbox, GNOME, IceWM, KDE, LXDE, Openbox, WMaker, Xfce
- Category: Desktop, Server, Source-based
- Release Model: Rolling
- Init: OpenRC,systemd
- Status: Active
- Popularity: 173 (55 hits per day)
Popularity (hits per day): 12 months: 172 (54), 6 months: 173 (55), 3 months: 163 (53), 4 weeks: 134 (54), 1 week: 123 (56)
Average visitor rating: 8.67/10 from 3 review(s).
|Table Notes and Explanations
(Please refer to the table below.)
- To compare the software in this project to the software available in other distributions, please see our Compare Packages page.
- Notes: In case where multiple versions of a package are shipped with a distribution, only the default version appears in the table. For indication about the GNOME version, please check the "nautilus" and "gnome-shell" packages. The Apache web server is listed as "httpd" and the Linux kernel is listed as "linux". The KDE desktop is represented by the "kdelibs" and "plasma-desktop" packages and the Xfce desktop by the "xfdesktop" package.
- Colour scheme: green text = latest stable version, red text = development or beta version. The function determining beta versions is not 100% reliable due to a wide variety of versioning schemes.