Version: current Rating: 8 Date: 2017-04-12 Votes: 11
- comes as Gnome, KDE or basic (no GUI) edition
- very good cli based installer with options to install to xfs and btrfs file systems (zfs available as a seperate package)
- good hardware recognition
- up-to-date package repository
- packages available for almost every task from the online repositories
- custom packages manager called pacman-g2 which is fast and stable
- has no option to try it as live system
- it is not user friendly
- systemd distro
- no 32-bit support
- the system is somewhat heavy - around 800MB in graphics mode
- no virtualbox-guest-dkms, not even in the repos
- not many packages in the repos - they need help for that...
Nice distro to try and maybe for some people it will be good for a stable everyday use. I personally use it as a second boot system for emergency and to have an alternative. It is made for intermediate users so no fancy GUI stuff everywhere. Up to date packages as it turns out they are a rolling distro now. The first time I tried this distro was in 2015 when things were different - fixed release model with more packages available. The only desktops that they can offer now are Gnome and KDE which is not so bad as I thought, because the system is still very fast and stable.
As of 12-04-2017 the distro has applications for almost every task. This is a unique distro which is using some custom made tools not suitable for everyone. I like it because it's different! I just hope it has a good future.